William “Billy” Barnes, CPM
1210 S. Yakima Ave. Suite 202 Tacoma, WA 98405-4427 (253) 235-9375
Objective: Program management or senior project management position in Information Technologies requiring organization, technical expertise, and complex problem solving skills in an environment that requires managing multiple stakeholders with varying needs, and delivering projects on-time, in-scope and within-budget values outlined at the project kickoff.
Summary: Decisive, action oriented, and results focused team builder featuring more than 30 years’ experience in public and private sectors with key emphasis on the management of programs, projects, vendors, telecommunications, service delivery, infrastructure, and change control.
· Responsible for projects with deliverables valued between $2MM and $400MM.
· Over 30 years of experience with computers and related technologies.
· 25 years of experience delivering fast-track technologies and telecommunications projects.
· 23 years of experience in systems integration and product development.
· 19 years of experience functioning as an Executive-to-Technical Interface.
· 18 years of experience in enterprise-level process engineering and analysis.
Director of Information Technology - Legendary Endeavors, LLC February 2009 to Present
· Manage reviewer-level aspects of internal and external Information Technology issues, with focus on next generation telecommunications projects and/or requirement.
· Responsible for infrastructure architecture, process (re)-engineering, process improvement, and criteria for product or service branding.
· Key member of management staff responsible for global program and project management, including global taxation issues, and the recovery and processing of failed or aged equipment.
· Maintain routine adherence to the systems development life cycle and business continuity plan while utilizing commercial off the shelf technologies in all integration projects.
· Responsible for the evaluation and design of all existing and future Local Area Network, Wide Area Network, Voice Over IP, 802.x Wireless, and Digital Video Surveillance designs and configurations.
· Provide supervision and inspection of testing methodologies, reporting, and classification.
· Manage customer satisfaction metrics and enterprise issues management.
· Develop, document, and test the Network Operations Center (NOC) standard operating procedures.
Vice President and Executive Program Director - Scholet, Inc. February 2005 to January 2009
· Manage multiple related projects directed toward strategic business objectives for National Hotel Liquidators, Inc. including project definition, scope of work, and budget approval.
· Maintain continuous alignment of program scope with strategic business objectives, and make recommendations to modify the program toward the strategic intent.
· Maintain rigid adherence to the systems development life cycle and business continuity plan while utilizing commercial off the shelf technologies in all integration projects.
· Champion and manage a warehouse remediation project for furniture, fixtures, and equipment.
· Deploy Motorola MC50 and MC55 Digital Assistants for Warehouse and Service Delivery Teams.
· Deploy Windows Server 2003, Exchange 2003, and WindowsXP Professional - Enterprise to multiple sites.
· Design and deploy Inventory Management and Control system (Velocity/MSSQL 2005) for one major warehouse, several remote (temporary) warehousing facilities and the National distribution center.
· Converge data, voice and video systems into a state of the art, fully-redundant, native IP network.
· Team build, coach, mentor, and lead personnel within a cross-functional team environment.
· Present dashboard reports on the current program, future opportunities, and client issues.
Senior IT Project Manager - Legendary Endeavors, Inc. March 2000 to January 2005
· Provide knowledge and expertise in strategic performance management methodologies, process re-engineering and the application of technologies to business model and requirement.
· Implement best practices and establish business unit level knowledge management procedures.
· Foster customer loyalty by ensuring that our customers fully utilize the value of our services, constantly managing both company profit and loss and customer return on investment.
· Maintain the customer’s existing revenue spending and develop recommendations for strategic utilization of products and services in the future.
· Deploy regional distributed infrastructure using Windows 2000 Server mounted on IBM x450 Servers and Cisco routers.
Program Manager – Systems Integration - WebTV/GNAC – Subsidiary of Microsoft, Inc. April 1999 to March 2000
· Work closely with technical experts at Scientific Atlanta, Microsoft and UPC-Netherlands to integrate a third generation set-top cable box functioning over a fiber-coaxial infrastructure.
· Introduce the project management office to, and champion the implementation of, service oriented architecture, systems development life cycle and total quality management methodologies.
· Negotiate, review, and approve service level agreements with all vendors.
· Manage system functionality and performance testing to ensure DOCSIS compliance.
· Supervise and inspect testing methodologies, reporting, and classification.
Global Network Architect - IBM Global Services February 1997 to March 1999
· Work closely with technical experts at IBM, Cisco, Microsoft and Landmark Graphics to architect, design and deliver a $400MM 80,000 seat 500 points of presence global network over IBM's frame relay infrastructure.
· Manage deliverables and budget for 200 Project Managers and Project Coordinators conducting concurrent roll outs in 100 countries.
· Responsible for the evaluation and design of all existing and future Local Area Network, Wide Area Network, Voice Over IP, Wireless and Digital Video Surveillance designs and configurations.
· Plan and manage highly complex migration of protocols and hardware to an Internet Engineering Task Force based network design utilizing TCP/IP, OSPF and BGP using Cisco routers (25xx – 7xxx series with IOS X).
· Utilize multilingual call center located in Zoetermeer, Netherlands to provide 24/7/365 desktop support.
Systems Integrator & Product Manager - Interlink International, Inc. November 1993 to January 1997
· Integrate commercial off the shelf technologies from numerous vendors including Novell, Dialogic (VRUs), 3com, Bay Networks, and Sprint Communications to deliver a National workman's compensation fraud prevention and detection system to SAC3, Inc. and the National Association of Insurance Commissioners.
· Manage all aspects of new product development to deliver a user-dependent voice recognition system (VRS) for the managed monitoring of house-arrest inmates in the state of Alabama.
· Provide systems integration support for the United States Olympic Committee in Atlanta, Georgia and led a 90 person technical project office delivering wireless data services to officials, ushers, and Olympic villagers.
Project Manager-Systems Integration - USA-TMDE Logistics June 1991 to November 1993
· Reduce the seven year technologies procurement cycle to a more relevant eighteen months.
· Utilize commercial off the shelf technologies to integrate the Combat Tactical System III, an upgradeable modular x86-based computer system capable of functioning in multiple and varied capacities.
· Work closely with high profile stakeholders including the Department of Defense, U.S. Army Materiel Command, Lockheed, Grumman, and the U.S. Army Test Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment Logistics Directorate.
· Develop Macromedia Authorware multimedia training system for continuing education and recertification of US Army Metrologists worldwide resulting in significantly decreased travel and per diem.
· Community College of the Air Force – Associate of Science – Applied Electronics Technologies (3.95GPA)
· Project Management Institute (PMI) – Certified Project Manager
· US Army Basic Non-Commissioned Officer Course (BNCOC) (Honor Graduate)
· US DOD Total Quality Management (TQM) (Honor Graduate)
· US Army Methods of Instruction - Technical (MOI) (Honor Graduate)
· US Army School of Advanced Metrology – Basic and Advanced Course (Honor Graduate)
· Human resource management: Metrics, performance evaluation, motivation, mentorship and coaching.
· Business management: Risk management, strategy and planning, budget approval, return on investment, scenario planning, dash-boarding, presentations, process engineering, knowledge management.
· Microsoft: Project, Visio, Outlook/Office, Dynamics CRM, Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows XP/pro, Vista, and Windows 7.
· Integration: Requirement gathering, Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS), Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), quality management, technical documentation and illustration.
· Internet: TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, HTML, VoIP, intranet, enterprise infrastructure architecture.
· Network: Change management, business continuity and recovery, process (re)-engineering, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), managed services delivery, Local Area Network, Wide Area Network, Storage Area Network, routing, switching, Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), all IEEE 802.x standards, cable plant design, and security.
· IBM's Excellence in Technical Achievement Award (Labyrinth Club)
· Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, Persian Gulf (Operation Prime Chance)
· Gold Medal Scholarship Winner, Westinghouse Junior Science and Technology Competition
Notes: 1) References available upon request. 2) I am authorized to work for any employer in the USA and I am willing to relocate.
Project Management Institute - Information Technology Infrastructure Library Storage Networking Industry of America - site4my.biz - Sitemap